We strive to make our maps meet the mapping standards of the International Orienteering Federation (IOF). You can download the specifications for orienteering and sprint orienteering maps from their Rules and Guidelines page. To see an interactive version of the mapping standards, click here.
Learn the basics of mapping from Georgia Orienteering Club's Junior Mapper's Guide.
O-Map Community -- A place to read about and discuss orienteering mapping issues.
Did you know we have a club library? And that any member can check out a book? OK, so it’s not a very big library, but we do have the following items:
- Several copies of Armchair Orienteering, Orienteering Skills and Strategies by Ron Lowry and Ken Sidney;
- Orienteering Instructor’s Manual by Jim Gilchrist and Jack Lee;
- Orienteering Handbook by Anne Anthony;
- Teaching Orienteering by Jim Gilchrist;
- Orienteering Training and Performance by Ron Lowry and Ken Sidney;
- Be Expert With Map and Compass by Bjorn Kjellstrom;
- Map Making for Orienteers by Robin Harvey; and
- a USOF Sanctioning Booklet (possibly outdated).
If you would like to borrow any of these books, please contact Lois Kimminau. Be sure to put “TOC Library” in the message subject box.